Cryptocurrencies are falling on Wednesday after rallying strongly over the last few days.
Here’s the scoreboard as of 1.25 a.m. BST (8.25 a.m. ET):
- Bitcoin is down 5.7% against the dollar to $9,109.68
- Ethereum is down 10.6% to $629.17
- XRP is down 11.1% to $0.81
- Bitcoin Cash is down 8.1% to $1,293.93
- Litecoin is down 10% to $148.98
You can follow live cryptocurrency prices on Markets Insider.
The slump follows several days of strong upward momentum in the crypto space. Mati Greenspan, an analyst with trading platform eToro, says the slump appears to be driven by a hack on MyEtherWallet.com, a popular provider of digital cryptocurrency wallets.